Parking ban ordered in Bristol
A major winter storm is bearing down on the region
As a major winter storm moves toward the area, Bristol Police have issued a town-wide parking ban for Thursday, Feb. 9.
Parking is prohibited on Bristol streets beginning at 9 a.m. Thursday and lasting indefinitely. Cars must be off the street before 9 a.m. to be in compliance with the ban.
Those without off-street parking are welcome to use municipal parking lots around town, including:
- VFW Parking Lot - 850 Hope St. (Please use the spaces along Creek Lane only)
- Guiteras School - 35 Washington St.
- Vet's Park 700 Wood St (Paved lots only)
- St. Elizabeth's Church Lot- 577 Wood St.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church Lot - 141 State St. (Park behind the Parish Center)
- St. Mary's Church - 330 Wood St.
- State Street Municipal Lot - Lower State St (Opposite Persimmon Restaurant)
- Bristol Town Common - (Parking is allowed on the asphalt areas only)
- Thames Street Municipal Lot - Thames St. (Opposite Robin Rug)
- Cup Defender's Lot - 230 Wood St. (Entrance is on Richmond St.)
Upon lifting of the parking ban, all vehicles must be removed from the above listed areas within 1 hour.