40 Van Wickle Lane, Bristol Rhode Island
Nantucket inspired coastal residence near Bristol Harbor. Enjoy water views & sunsets over Narragansett Bay with a shared waterfront lot including a dock and a small beach plus private mooring in the harbor. Custom built by well-regarded Oldport Homes and expertly sited on almost 1 acre.
1st Floor Highlights:
- Hardwood (unstained white oak) floors on first floor
- High 9’ ceilings, crown moldings, and abundant windows provide a wonderful sense of space and a tremendous amount of natural light
- Gourmet kitchen features granite countertops, spacious granite center island with bar stool seating for 3, and subway tile backsplashes. Top of the line appliances include Viking stovetop & oven, Sub-Zero refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher, Sharp Carousel convection microwave.
- Great room benefits from coffered ceilings, stone face and custom mantle for the wood burning fireplace, built in cabinetry and attractive architectural columns to delineate the room but still retain an open floor plan feel.
- Formal dining room with wainscoting
- Library / Den benefits from this home’s 2nd wood burning fireplace and extensive built-in cabinetry
- Spacious laundry room with sink and storage on 1st floor
- Shaker style white paneling on white oak stairway to 2nd floor with attractive mahogany caps and bands
2nd Floor Highlights:
- Spacious master bedroom with water views and balcony featuring a tray ceiling and large walk-in closet
- Master bathroom features cathedral ceiling, double bowl vanity with marble top, large shower and luxurious soaking tub
- Guest bedroom benefitting from its own full bathroom
- Two additional bedrooms for a total of four bedrooms which share a full bathroom with a double bowl vanity
- Garage with 3 over-sized stalls and automated door openers
- Mahogany wood decks – front entry deck, side deck, and rear deck
- White Cedar shingles
- Irrigation system
- Professional landscaping with mature plants, bulbs, and trees
- French Drain system around exterior perimeter of house
- 2 Zones of heating & air conditioning on 1st & 2nd floor via Carrier furnaces & condensers
- Andersen double hung insulated windows with Low E glass
- Security system
Benefitting from water views within the house and yard, the property also includes a ¾ acre common waterfront lot with approximately 100’ of water frontage shared by 4 homeowners. This common waterfront lot includes a small beach, a shared dock with a 145’ pier and attached 10’ x 15’ floating dock, and a boat house for storage at the foot of the pier. This property also has its own private mooring in the Harbor which conveys with the house lot. This shared waterfront lot cannot be developed as Coastal Resources Management Council (CRMC) has been granted an open space easement into perpetuity such that the lot can only be used & enjoyed in its “present, natural condition”.
The 4 homeowners who share & co-own the waterfront lot are part of a homeowners’ association. To preserve the quality, character, and value of each of the homes including preserving their respective water views, there are covenants and restrictions in place to achieve these goals. These covenants are available upon request.