Recalls: asthma inhalers, teething products, flour, cookies, more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 27 recalls to be aware of this week.
- GlaxoSmithKline Voluntary Recalls Nearly 600,000 Asthma Inhalers Nationwide.
- Subaru recalls model year 2017 Imprezas with engine issue. Fuel vaporization could cause the engine to stall.
- Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport vehicles. The inside door latch mechanisms may not latch securely.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Ford F-450 and F-550 Superduty vehicles. Operating the vehicle at highway speeds may cause the driveline to vibrate and fracture the driveline components or the transmission. If the driveline or transmission fractures, the vehicle may lose motive power, increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River is recalling six model year 2017 Salem and Wildwood RVs. The federal placard on these vehicles lists the Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) capacity as 5,080 lbs, when the axles actually have a capacity of 4,400 lbs.
- John Deere Recalls Gator Utility Vehicles Due To Crash Hazard. The dust boot on the throttle cable can come loose, resulting in the vehicle not slowing down or stopping, posing a crash hazard.
- Polaris Recalls Ranger 900 Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles due to a heat shield can falling off the vehicle, posing fire and burn hazards to riders.
- Polaris Recalls Sportsman All-Terrain Vehicles Sportsman 450, 570, 850, 1000 and Scrambler 1000 all-terrain vehicles (ATVs). The electronic power steering unit can malfunction, posing a crash hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Ardent Mills recalls flour and flour products identified in CFIA food safety investigation. Various brands of flour and flour products due to possible E. coli O121 contamination.
- La Cie McCormick Canada is recalling Thai Kitchen brand Original Pad Thai Stir-fry Sauce. The product contains peanut, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Allergy Alert Issued by Whole Foods Market store in Dedham, Massachusetts for In-Store Produced Yogurt and Granola Parfaits due to Undeclared Almonds.
- Orthodox Baking Co Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almond Paste in “Chocolate Kokosh Cake”
- Nassau Candy Distributors Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almonds in H.E.B Brand Pomegranate Infused Cranberries Covered in Dark Chocolate.
- Lakeside Foods, Inc. Recalls Season’s Choice Frozen Sweet Peas Because of Possible Health Risk.
- The Smokehouse of NY is recalling all of the Smoked fish, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Wholesome Farms brand Sundae Cup products recalled due to Listeria monocytogenes.
- Choice Farms LLC Recalls Limited Quantity of 7-Eleven™ brand Caesar Side Salad Due to Undeclared Milk, Egg, Wheat and Fish (anchovies) Allergens.
- Beyond Meat Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanut in Beyond Meat Feisty Crumbles.
- Jimmy’s Cookies LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in The Bakery Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies LOT# 047.
- Feng Mao Biotechnology Organic Food CO.,LTD. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Almond Drinking Powder.
- TP Food Processing, Inc. Announces the Recall Of Shrimp and Lemongrass Satay Sauces Due to Risk for Clostridum Botulinum.
- Whole Foods Market recalls decorated (iced) cookies. The products contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
Infant & Children Products
- Standard Homeopathic Company Issues Nationwide Recall of Hyland’s Baby Teething Tablets and Hyland’s Baby Nighttime Teething Tablets Due to Mislabeling.
- Target Recalls Water Absorbing Toys Due to Serious Ingestion Hazard. If the small toy is ingested, it can expand inside a child’s body and cause intestinal obstructions.
- Vanguard Furniture Recalls Chests of Drawers Due to Serious Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards. The recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing a serious tip-over and entrapment hazard that can result in death or injuries to children.
- Anaheim and Moen Recall Garbage Disposals Due to Impact Hazard. A metal component inside the disposal can break off and come out of the disposal during use, posing an impact hazard.
- Customatic Beds Recalls Adjustable Beds Due to Electric Shock Hazard. The bed’s side-mounted AC outlets can be incorrectly wired, posing an electric shock hazard to consumers.
- Bosch Solar Services recalls roof-mounted solar panels due to fire hazard. The solar panels can overheat, posing a risk of fire.
- Teavana Recalls Flip Tumblers Due to Burn Hazard. The flip tumblers can leak hot liquid, posing a burn hazard.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com