Recalls include Aston Martins, spaghetti, hot dogs, chicken nuggets
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 26 recalls to be aware of this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Oscor Inc. Issues Nationwide Recall of ATAR Extension Cables. The extension cable is intended to connect an electrode/lead from a patient or another cable to a diagnostic machine or an external pacemaker.
- LeadCare Testing Systems (with Blood Obtained from a Vein) by Magellan Diagnostics: FDA Safety Communication – Risk of Inaccurate Results.
- Andropharm Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Sten Z and M1 Alpha Due to Labeling that it Contains Derivatives of Anabolic Steroids.
- Honda recalls 2.1 million vehicles worldwide over fire risk. The battery sensors may not be sufficiently sealed against moisture intrusion, Honda said. Over time, moisture may introduce road salt or other material into the battery sensor, leading to rust and eventual electrical shorting of the sensor.
- Aston Martin the Americas is recalling 319 model year 2017 DB11s. The vehicles have a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) that may be incorrectly calibrated, resulting in the low tire pressure warning tell-tale not illuminating at the required minimum activation pressure.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Keystone recalls Dutchmen Coleman recreational trailers. Wires may come loose and short together, increasing the risk of a fire.
- Model year 2018 Sportsmen LE recreational trailers recalled. Both the size and load capacity if the vehicle’s spare tired are incorrect.
- Lance Camper Manufacturing Corp. is recalling 42 model year 2018 Lance Travel Trailers equipped with adjustable utility receivers sold as optional or aftermarket equipment. The receivers may have insufficient welds and, as a result, things connected to the receiver such as a bicycle rack may not be properly positioned.
- Lakota Corporation is recalling 152 model year 2018 Colt trailers. The furnace flue may not have been installed properly and, as a result, the furnace combustion system may not vent to the outside of the trailer living quarters.
- Forest River is recalling 1,455 model year 2014-2015 Coachmen RV Cross Country and Encounter recreational vehicles, and model year 2014-2018 Coachmen RV Mirada and Mirada Select recreational vehicles equipped with the residential refrigerator option instead of the standard refrigerator. The unused, but powered, wiring for the standard refrigerator was left with exposed wire ends.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Massive Recall Issued for Chef Boyardee and Other Pasta Products. Milton, Pennsylvania-based Conagra Brands, the maker of Chef Boyardee, is recalling 700,125 pounds of spaghetti and meatball products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens. The products contain milk, which isn’t written on its label.
- Marathon Enterprises Inc. Recalls Hot Dog Products Due to Possible Extranous Material Contamination. The beef and pork hot dog and sausage items were produced on various dates between March 17, 2017 and July 4, 2017. A number of products are subject to recall.
- Importer recalls ground cumin after NY inspectors find lead. The lead levels measured in the recalled cumin are high enough to cause health problems — particularly in infants, small children, pregnant women, and those with underlying kidney disorders, according to New York officials.
- Loblaw’s recalls chicken nuggets linked to Salmonella outbreak.
- Texas Legend Foods Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Cheese, Milk & Egg in “Silver Star Chipotle Dip“.
- Sunneen Health Foods Issues Recall of Parfait Due to Undeclared Allergens.
- Coborn’s, Inc. Issues Recall of Incorrectly Labeled Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Bars Due To Undeclared Milk.
- Biohealth Nutrition Announces the Recall of Precision Blend Cookies and Cream Product for Undeclared Allergen.
- Custom Culinary of Oswego, Ill., is recalling approximately 9,444 pounds of chicken and beef base paste. The products’ labels incorrectly identified the products as chicken, but may contain beef. Additionally, the products contain soy, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Hardcore Formulations of San Marcos, Texas, is recalling all lots and expiration dates of Ultra-Sten and D-Zine body-building capsules. The products are labeled to contain methylstenbolone (Ultra-Sten) and dymethazine (D-Zine), which are considered to be derivatives of anabolic steroids.
Infant & Children Products
- TOMY Recalls Munching Max Chipmunk Toys Due to Laceration Hazard. Parts inside the toy can break creating a sharp point that can penetrate the surface of the toy, posing a laceration hazard.
- TriggerTech Recalls Crossbow Triggers Due to Injury Hazard. Rollers on the triggers can crack causing the weapon to discharge without trigger activation, posing an injury hazard to the user or bystander.
- Superpedestrian Recalls Electric Bicycle Conversion Wheels Due to Fall and Crash Hazards (Recall Alert). The rear axle can fail, posing fall and crash hazards to riders.
- Core Health & Fitness Recalls Exercise Machines Due to Impact Hazard (Recall Alert). The height adjusting carriage assembly can loosen and fall on the consumer, posing an impact hazard.
- TJX Recalls Glass Beer Mugs Due to Burn and Laceration Hazards; Sold Exclusively at HomeGoods Stores. The glass beer mug can break if heated or used with hot liquid, posing burn and laceration hazards.
- YSN Imports Recalls Refillable Propane Cylinders Due to Fire, Explosion Hazards. The refillable propane cylinders can leak propane gas, posing fire and explosion hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com