Recalls include broccoli, nuts, croissants and crayons
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 35 recalls to be aware of this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- HeartMate 3™ Left Ventricular Assist System: Class I Recall – Due to Potential Malfunction that may Lead to Graft Occlusion.
- Oral Over-the-Counter Benzocaine Products: Drug Safety Communication – Risk of Serious and Potentially Fatal Blood Disorder.
- Homeopathic Teething Drops, Nausea Drops, Intestinal Colic Drops, Stomach Calm, Expectorant Cough Syrup, Silver-Zinc Throat Spray, and Argentum Elixir by MBI Distributing: Recall – Due to a Lack of Adequate Controls.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV is recalling more than 5.3 million vehicles in North America over a defect that could prevent drivers from deactivating cruise control, the company said on Friday, warning owners not to use the function until they get software upgrades.
- Triumph Motorcycles America, LTD is recalling certain 2018 Street Triple R, Street Triple R – Low Seat and Street Triple RS motorcycles. Water may get into the left-hand combination switch on the handlebar and cause the turn signal switch and the headlight switch to malfunction.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Winnebago Industries is recalling 293 model year 2018 Winnebago Travato and model year 2018-2019 Winnebago Era, and Revel recreational vehicles. The roof rack may not have been installed with the correct fasteners, possibly resulting in it detaching from the vehicle while the vehicle is moving.
- Model year 2011-2017 Thor Tuscany and Venetian motorhomesrecalled. The power steering hose may rub against the power stud on the starter motor.
- Forest River recalls Prime Time recreational trailers. The federal placard states an incorrect Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Uno Foods recalls ham and cheese calzones. The product is labeled as a ham and cheese calzone, but contains a buffalo chicken calzone.
- Melanie Wholesale Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Melanie Mini Cookies with Caramel Flavor.
- Golden International Corporation Issues Public Safety Warning For Stolen Tilapia Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Global Commodities Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Sulfites In Apricot with Pitt Watan Brand.
- Stop & Shop is voluntarily recalling Private Brand Frozen Broccoli Cuts (16 oz.) with sell by date of Mar 15, 2020 and UPC code 68826700926 out of an abundance of caution due to our supplier notifying us the product may have Listeria monocytogenes.
- GIANT Food Stores, LLC is voluntarily recalling Private Brand Frozen Broccoli Cuts (16 oz.) with sell by date of Mar 15, 2020 and UPC code 68826700926 out of an abundance of caution following a supplier notification that the product may have Listeria monocytogenes.
- Giant Food, LLC is voluntarily recalling Private Brand Frozen Broccoli Cuts (16 oz.) with sell by date of Mar 15, 2020 and UPC code 68826700926 out of an abundance of caution due to our supplier notifying us the product may have Listeria monocytogenes.
- Hormel Foods Corporation Recalls Canned Pork and Chicken Productsdue to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination, specifically pieces of metal.
- Hickory Harvest Foods is recalling snack packs of nuts and dried fruitsfrom grocers, convenience stores and truck stops in more than 30 states after company testing found Listeria monocytogenes contamination in a production plant.
- Divvies, LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall of Benjamint Crunch Chocolate Bars Due to Undeclared Milk In The Mint.
- New Seasons Market LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Mini Butter Croissants and Mini Chocolate Croissants.
- Dough-To-Go Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nuts in Zoe’s Vegan Tuxedo Fudge Cookie.
- H-E-B Voluntarily Issues a Precautionary Recall H-E-B Ode to Olives Sliced Salad Olives Being Recalled for Potential Glass in The Product.
- Legend Q Trading recalls Fisher Ma Ma and Liao Bu De brand fish products. The products may contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
Infant & Children Products
- Shoreside Enterprises recalls 7K and Poseidon 4500 dietary supplements. The products contain Sildenafil and/or Tadalafil, which are not declared on the label.
- Several flavors from Love Child Organics and PC Organics are included in the recall, which was triggered by consumer complaints, according to a notice posted by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). The agency’s recall notice reported “packaging defects that may allow the entry of spoilage microorganisms” are behind the recall.
- Jané Recalls Strollers Due to Violation of the Federal Stroller and Carriage Safety Standard; Entrapment and Strangulation Hazards. The recalled strollers violate the federal Stroller and Carriage standard. An infant can pass through the opening between the stroller armrest and the seat bottom and his/her head and neck can become entrapped by the armrest, posing entrapment and strangulation hazards.
- Porsche Recalls Toy Cars Due to Choking Hazard. The wheels and axles can detach from the wooden toy car, posing a choking hazard to young children.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- Discount School Supply of Monterey, Calif., is recalling about 2,200 sets of Colorations brand extra-large crayons. The red crayons in the multi-color sets can contain glass, posing a laceration hazard. The company has received two reports of a red crayon with glass in it.
- Merrick Pet Care Voluntarily Recalls Limited Amount of Good Buddy and Backcountry TreatsContaining Beef Due to Potentially Elevated Levels of Thyroid Hormone.
- Bluefin Recalls Wireless Phone Chargers Due to Burn Hazard. The wireless phone charger can overheat while in use, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
- IKEA Recalls Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard. The bicycle belt can break, posing a fall hazard.
- Ivolution IV2 HY-811 helmetsrecalled. The helmets may block a portion of the rider’s peripheral vision.
- John Deere Recalls Compact Utility Loaders Due To Injury Hazard. Information about the proper ballast when the loader is attached to a John Deere model 2025R tractor is missing from the operator’s manual. If improperly ballasted, the tractor can be unstable and create a risk of injury to the operator or bystanders.
- Kohler Recalls Automatic Transfer Switches for Kohler Generators Due to Fire Hazard. The transfer switch can fail and overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Shadow Holdings, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of X-Jow and Acne Shave products due to Possible Bacterial Contamination.
- Ethanol Extraction Recalls Alcohol Product Because of Possible Health Risk.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com