Recalls include cars, candles, nut bars and playground slides
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 22 recalls to be aware this week ...
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Centurion Recalled Multi-Med Single Lumen Catheters due to Excess Material that May Split or Separate - the FDA has identified this as a Class I recall, the most serious type of recall. Use of these devices may cause serious injuries or death.
- Hyundai recalled 41,264 Entourage minivans recalled for faulty hood latches - corrosion could lead to the hood coming loose while driving.
- Tesla recalled 2,000 NEMA 14-30 charging adapters recalled for potential overheating.
- Maserati recalled Ghiblis and Quattroportes - the tires may develop cracks in their lower sidewall.
- Maserati recalled model year 2017 Quattroportes, Ghibles, and Levants - the vehicles' back-up cameras may become inoperable.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Tuscany motorhomes, model year 2014-2016, recalled - Water may leak into the keyless entry module.
- Grand Design recalled Momentum toy haulers and Solitude recreational trailers - the vehicles' ladders may fall from the vehicle.
- Aluminum Trailer Company recalled Bumper Pull toy hauler trailers - The fuel tank may detach.
- Ultimate Body Tox recalled all lots of Ultimate BodyTox PRO capsules, which is marketed as a dietary supplement for weight loss. The product contains sibutramine, a banned substance not declared on the label.
- Bon Appetito Walnut Ladies Finger Cookies recalled - the product may contain eggs and soybean oil/lecithin, allergens not declared on the label.
- Oriental Packing recalled curry powder products - the products contain lead.
- Clif Bar & Company recalled Chocolate Hazelnut Butter CLIF Nut Butter Filled bars - small plastic pieces were found in a number of bars sold in the U.S.
- Phil-Am Trading recalled Phil-Am Smoked Mackerel (Hasa-Hasa) - the product may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
- FAIRWAY “LIKE NO OTHER MARKET” voluntarily recalled FAIRWAY brand Candy Corn, because it may contain undeclared egg in the ingredients.
Infant & Children Products
- Playworld recalled stainless steel playground slides due to amputation hazard.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- Blue Ridge Beef is voluntarily recalling two (2) of its frozen Dog and Cat Food products due to their potential to be contaminated with Salmonella and/or Listeria.
- Barnett Outdoors recalled crossbows - the sensor that senses whether an arrow is properly loaded can malfunction, which can cause the crossbow to fire unexpectedly,
- Masterbuilt recalled LP gas smokers - the smoker’s gas hose can disconnect posing a fire hazard.
- Atrium recalled SafeHarbor windows - the glass can separate from the frame during hurricane conditions.
- Schurman Retail Group recalled gift boxes - mold can be present on the boxes.
- Yankee Candle recalled luminous candles - the glass jar can crack when the candle is lit.
- Target re-announced menorah recall - the menorahs can melt when the candles are burning.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com, digitaltrends.com