Recalls include cheese, coffee, sausage and vegan boots
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 25 recalls to be aware of this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Cook Medical Issues Recall Correction of Zenith Alpha™ Thoracic Endovascular Graft and Removes Specific Sizes from the Market.
- Centurion Labs Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Ninjacof (Lot # 200N1601) and Ninjacof A (Lot# 201NA1601) Products Due to Potential Burkholderia Cepacia Contamination.
- 2017 Challenger, Charger Hellcats recalled for catastrophic oil-line failure. The issue lies in the rubber used in the oil cooler line. Chrysler’s testing revealed that the rubber didn’t meet the company’s criteria. As a result it was able to separate from a crimped aluminum portion of the line, letting oil spill out.
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2017 BMW C650 GT and BMW C Evolution scooters for failing to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS). Since the rim is not marked with the rim size and the DOT designation, a tire of the incorrect size may be installed on this rim, affecting the handling of the scoter and increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Tiny Idahomes recalls various recreational vehicles. The federal placard on the vehicles may indicate an incorrect Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR).
- Newmar recalls Mountain Aire and Dutch Star RVs. These chassis have a battery cable mounting bracket may not have been installed correctly. As a result, the improperly routed and clipped battery cable can contact the frame rail, possibly chafing and short circuiting.
- Model year 2016-2017 Berkshires recalled. A battery cable mounting bracket may not have been installed correctly, as a result, the improperly routed and clipped battery cable can contact the frame rail, possibly chafing and short circuiting.
- Keystone recalls Crossroads Redwood and Cameo recreational trailers. The propane manifold under the kitchen slide may contact the floor, potentially causing damage to the propane line.
- Heartland recalls model year 2018 Pioneer recreational trailers. The liquid propane (LP) hose may not have been properly secured to the frame near the tire and, as a result, the tire may rub through the LP hose causing a leak.
- Polaris Recalls GENERAL Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard (Recall Alert). Inconsistent tire pressure information can result in improperly-inflated tires, posing a crash hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- par Sophie! brand Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cakerecalled. Pâtisserie Jessica is recalling par Sophie! brand Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake from the marketplace due to norovirus.
- New York dairy recalls cheese after positive test for Listeria.
- Lucky 7 brand 2 in 1 Instant Black Coffee recalled. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Blossom Foods, LLC Recalls Frozen Meat Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Ronald A. Chisholm, Ltd. Recalls Pork Belly Products Produced Without Benefit of Import Inspection.
- DiLuigi Foods Inc. Recalls Chicken Sausage Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Expresco Foods Inc. Recalls Chicken Skewer Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Fair Oaks Farms, LLC Recalls Pork Sausage Patties Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Missa Bay, LLC Recalls Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and an Undeclared Allergen.
- Arc’teryx Recalls Ski Mountaineering Boots Due to Fall Hazard. The axis pin located at the rear of the boot can dislodge, resulting in damage to the boot and posing a fall hazard.
- Command Electronics recalls Interior Ceiling LED Lighting Parts. The LED ceiling lights may produce excessive heat during use, possibly increasing the risk of a fire.
- Dr. Martens Vegan BootsRecalled by Airwair Due to Chemical Exposure Hazard. Prolonged and direct contact with the boot tongue lining can expose the wearer to the chemical benzidine.
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Recalls Crawfish Kits with Strainer Due to Fire Hazard. The crawfish kit hose can melt and/or burn, posing a fire hazard.
- Nutrilife Recalls Bottles of Hydrogen Peroxide Due to Fire, Burn Hazards. The bottle caps on the 29% hydrogen peroxide one-gallon bottles do not vent properly and can allow pressure to build up in the bottle and cause it to expand and rupture, posing fire and burn hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com