Recalls include ice cream bars, cough syrup, burritos and more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 28 recalls to be aware of this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Feeding Tube Placement Systems: Letter to Health Care Providers – Reports of Pneumothorax Events.
- Becton-Dickinson (BD) Syringes Used to Store Compounded or Repackaged Drugs: FDA Alert – Problematic Rubber Stoppers Replaced.
- Certitude Delivery System by Edwards Lifesciences: Class I Recall – Mold Overflow Defect Which May Obstruct Blood Flow.
- Prescription Opioid Cough and Cold Medicines: Drug Safety Communication – FDA Requires Labeling Changes.
- International Laboratories, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of one (1) Lot of Clopidogrel Tablets USP, 75 mg packaged in bottles of 30 tablets Due to Mislabeling NDC # 54458-888-16; Lot # 117099A.
- Auromedics Pharma LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Ampicillin and Sulbactam for Injection USP 1.5 g/ Vial, Due to Presence of Glass Particles in the Vial.
- Pharmedium Services, LLC Expands Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Additional Lots of Compounded Sterile Products Within Expiry Due to Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said on Friday it was recalling more than 162,000 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivans because a software glitch may cause the vehicles to stall.
- MV Agusta USA is recalling 27 model year 2015-2016 F4 RC and F4 RR motorcycles. The motorcycles are equipped with Brembo front brake master cylinders that may fail resulting in the loss of front braking ability and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Ducati North America is recalling 8,000 model year 2015-2018 1299 motorcycles (including STD, S, FE and SL models), Monster 1200 motorcycles (including S and R models), Multistrada motorcycles (including S and PP models), model year 2015-2017 Panigale R, model year 2016-2018 XDaviel S motorcycles and model year 2017-2018 Scrambler 800 Café Racer motorcycles. The motorcycles are equipped with Brembo front brake master cylinders that may fail, resulting in the loss of front braking ability and increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- REV Recreation Group is recalling 347 model year 2018 American Coach American Dream, American Revolution, Fleetwood Discovery, Discovery LXE, Holiday Rambler Endeavor, Endeavor XE, and Monaco Marquis recreational vehicles. Water may enter the 12-volt harness connectors due to missing gaskets or the placement of the pin connectors, potentially causing an electrical short which can increase the risk of a crash.
- Newmar recalls motorhomes with electrical issue. There may be a loose power connection at the Automatic Transfer Switch.
- REV Recreation Group is recalling 69 model year 2018 Fleetwood Axon, Bounder, Flair, Southwind, Pace Arrow and Pace Arrow LXE motorhomes, and model year 2018 Holiday Rambler Navigator, Navigator XE, Reno, Vacationer, and Vacationer XE motorhomes. The satellite dish on these vehicles may detach from the roof the vehicle is being driven and become a road hazard, increasing the risk of a crash or injury.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Hempler Foods Group of Ferndale, Wash., is recalling approximately 4,068 pounds of pepperoni sticks that may be contaminated with extraneous material — specifically pieces of metal.
- Hiland Dairy Announces Voluntary Recall of Hiland Dairy Orange Juice And Tampico Citrus Punch.
- Condies Foods recalls Veggie Cups. The product may contain milk and egg, allergens not declared on the label.
- Hom/Ade Foods, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Frozen Biscuits Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Price Chopper and Market 32 Supermarkets are recalling many varieties of packaged AFC Sushi branded tuna sushi because of potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd. is recalling its Kirkland Signature brand all butter croissants from certain Costco stores because they may contain plastic. The company did not provide any details on how the possible contamination was discovered.
- Dollar General Announces Voluntary Recall of Clover Valley® Iced Oatmeal Cookies Over Undeclared Milk and Tree Nuts.
- Fieldbrook Foods Corporation, Announces an Extension of Voluntary Recall of Orange Cream Bars and Chocolate Coated Vanilla Ice Cream Bars for Possible Health Risk.
- Fieldbrook Foods Corporation Clarifies Scope of its Voluntary Recall. Products Include Orange Cream.
- Dozens of brands of ice cream bars now on recall for Listeria. Aldi, Kroger, Walmart, dozens of other retailers, brands now included.
- Gilster – Mary Lee Corp. Issues a Recall For Undeclared Milk Allergen in Essential Everyday® Chicken Coating.
- Rico Brand Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Tofu Breakfast Burrito.
- Wells Collection Inc Issues Alert On Undeclared Sulfites in Rely Brand Dried Longya Lily.
Infant & Children Products
- Skip Hop Recalls Convertible High Chairs Due to Fall Hazard. The front legs on the highchair can detach from the seat, posing fall and injury hazards to children.
- Coldwater Creek Recalls Snow Globes Due to Fire Hazard. Light refraction through the globes can singe or melt items in contact with or in the immediate proximity, posing a fire hazard.