Recalls include motorcycles, candies, lamps and generators
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Hre are 20 recalls to be aware of this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Pharmacist Choice Alcohol Prep Pads by Simple Diagnostics: Recall – Lack of Sterility Assurance and Other Quality Issues.
- Ford has announced a recall for just over 200,000 2016 F-150s and Explorers built between January and April of that year, with just over 177,000 of those vehicles being sold in the U.S. The recall involves a bolt in front power-adjustable seats. The bolt is in the front adjuster system and could come loose allowing the cushion to shift during a crash.
- Kawasaki recalls ZR900AH, ZR900BH and ZR900BJ motorcycles. The rear shock absorber may not function properly.
- Triumph Motorcycles America is recalling 541 model year 2016-2017 Speed Triple R and Speed Triple S motorcycles. A wire for the charging system may rub against a bracket for the ABS modulator, potentially resulting in an electrical short which could cause the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Kubota Tractor of Grapevine, Texas, is recalling about 26,900 RTV-X series utility vehicles. The seat belt stays can break, posing an injury hazard in the event of a crash.
- Model year 2018 Prime Time Fury recreational trailersrecalled. The federal placard may contain incorrect tire rim information.
- Jayco recalls Jay Flight SLX recreational trailers. The electrical circuit from the battery does not have overcurrent protection.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 36 model year 2018 Ace, Axis, Hurricane, Windsport, and Vegas motorhomes. The wiring for the trailer lights may have been inserted into the wrong locations of the trailer lighting socket causing the trailer lights to not function properly.
- Heartland Recreational Vehicles is recalling 561 model year 2018 Pioneer recreational trailers. The liquid propane (LP) manifold block may be mounted too close to the center shackle, allowing the shackle to hit the LP hose fitting and cause a propane leak.
- Forest River is recalling 77 model year 2017-2018 Rockwood and Flagstaff travel trailers. The slide room arm may contact and damage the passenger side rear tire which may leak air, resulting in a loss of vehicle control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- ALDI Voluntarily Recalls Choceur Dark Chocolate Bar Due to Undeclared Nut Allergen Products Could Contain Almond Pieces Not Listed on Packaging.
- Virginia Diner recalls chocolate covered cashews. The product may contain peanuts and peanut allergens not declared on the label.
- Farrell Farms recalls dark chocolate almonds, cashews and pecans. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Rafedain Shish Kabob Restaurant recalls chicken patty shish kabobs. The products contain milk, wheat and soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- Harvesters Issues Safety Alert on Bibi Frutix Candy Possible Chemical Contamination.
- Creative Contract Packaging LLC Issues an Allergen Alert Regarding 4 Ounce Jars of Herb-Ox® Beef Flavor Granulated Bouillon Due To Potential Presence Of Undeclared Milk.
- Nutra Labs recalls Bull and Chao Jimengnan tablets. The dietary supplements contain active pharmaceutical ingredients not declared on the label.
Infant & Children Products
- Baby milk maker Lactalis and French authorities have ordered a global recall of millions of products over fears of salmonella bacteria contamination.
- FDA Alerts Consumers to Recall of Certain Comforts FOR BABY Water with Fluoride. The recall is for containers with sell by dates from 4/26/2018 to 10/10/2018, after receiving complaints about mold in the product.
- One Stop Shop Recalls Children’s Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard: Sold Exclusively at Foreman Mills. The children’s pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- West Elm Recalls Table LampsDue to Shock Hazard. The electrical wire that runs through the lamps can be cut or fray by the lamp’s adjustable joint, posing a risk of electric shock to consumers.
- Netgear Recalls Power Adapters for Outdoor Cameras Due to Fire Hazard. Water can leak into the weatherproof connector on the power adapter and cause a short circuit, melting, and overheating, posing a fire hazard.
- Flos Inc., of Brooklyn, N.Y., is recalling about 4,000 pendant lamps. The glass diffuser can detach and fall, posing an impact injury hazard.
- Metabo Recalls Rat Tail Angle Grinders Due to Laceration Hazard. The on-off switch can lock in the “on” position, posing a laceration hazard to consumers.
- Westinghouse Portable Generators Recalled by MWE Investments Due to Fire Hazard. The portable generators can overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com