Recalls include pancakes, sausage, teas and car seats
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
There are 27 recalls to be aware of this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Wingman35 Crossing Catheters by ReFlow Medical: Recall – Tip Splitting or Separation.
- NavLock Tracker by Medtronic: Letter to Healthcare Providers
- HeartWare Splice Kit Intended to Repair the Driveline of its Ventricular Assist Device by Medtronic: Recall – May Cause Electrical Issues or Pump Stops.
- Ventricular Assist Device Controllers and DC Adapter by Medtronic Mechanical Circulatory Support (formerly HeartWare Inc.): Class I Recall – Updated Controller, Power Management Software.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- 2015-2016 DRX2 Low-Speed vehicles. The recalled vehicles can exceed the 40 km/h speed allowed under the “Low Speed Vehicle” classification.
- Winnebago Industries is recalling 5,057 model year 2014-2017 Winnebago View, VIA, ERA, and Itasca Navion motorhomes. The vehicles have an Axxess radio volume control module that may interfere with the chassis electrical system.
- Forest River is recalling 32 model year 2017-2018 Prime Time Avenger motorhomes, model AVT31DBS. – The vehicle’s federal placard indicates that the rear tire size is ST225/75R15E tires with 80 PSI, when it should state that the front, rear and spare tires are ST225/75R15E tires with 80 PSI.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 36 model year 2017 Quantum KM24 motorhomes. – The power supply wire for the steps was incorrectly attached to a 50 amp circuit breaker instead of being connected to a 20 amp circuit breaker.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanut in Limited Quantity of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Pint Slices.
- Pinnacle Foods Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes, Frozen Waffles & Frozen French Toast Slices Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Perdue Foods LLC., a Gainesville, Ga. establishment, is recalling approximately 2,148 pounds of chicken sausage products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Urban Remedy is recalling Non-Dairy Spiced Golden Milk. The product is mislabeled as cold pressed apple juice, and contains cashews, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Maple Leaf Foods of Ontario, Canada, is recalling approximately 24,768 pounds of ready-to-eat (RTE) fully-cooked quiche. – The products were imported without being federally inspected, raising the possibility of adverse health consequences.
- Blount Fine Foods of McKinney, Texas, is recalling approximately 8,685 pounds of Beef Chile Colorado frozen meals. The products are mislabeled as Beef Chile Colorado, but the packaged product contains cheese enchiladas with milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Marcho Farms, Inc. Recalls Veal, Beef and Pork Products Due to Possible Non-O157 Shiga Toxin-Producing E. Coli (STEC) Adulteration.
- U.S. Deer Antler EX. & IM., INC. Announces the Recall of Herbal Tea Varieties in Pouches Due To Risk for Clostridium Botulinum.
- Herbalife International Of America, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall For Its Protein Bar – Peanut Butter Due To Trace Amounts Of Undeclared Fish Allergen.
- Now Health Group Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Select Ellyndale® Nutty Infusions™ Roasted Cashew Butter
- Imported Frozen Raw Tuna (Ahi) Cubes Distributed on Oahu Test Positive for Hepatitis A; Voluntary Product Recall Underway.
- Genetic Edge Compounds Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of GEC Laxoplex Dietary Supplement Capsules Due to Presence of Anabolic Steroids.
Infant & Children Products
- Combi USA Recalls Stroller and Car Seat Combos Due to Fall Hazard. The car seat can disengage from the stroller’s frame, posing a fall hazard to infants.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- Smallbatch Pets Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Frozen 2LB Chicken Blend For Dogs And Cats Due To Possible Salmonella Health Risk.
- HoMedics Recalls Massagers Due to Electric Shock and Burn Hazards. The cord can break near the base of the massager and expose the wires, posing an electric shock and burn hazards.
- Segway Reannounces Recall of Off-Board Chargers for Segway Personal Transporters Due to Shock Hazard (Recall Alert). A wire inside the charger can detach and touch the side of the charger, posing a shock hazard.
- Goodman Recalls Furnaces Due to Electrical Shock Hazard. The blower motor is not grounded, posing an electrical shock hazard to individuals servicing the units.
- Women’s Scarves Recalled by DGFA Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com (Recall Alert) – The women’s scarves fail to meet federal flammability standard for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries to consumers.
- Springs Window Fashions Recalls Lithium Batteries Sold with Motorized Window Coverings Due to Fire and Burn Hazards (Recall Alert) – The lithium batteries that power the motorized window coverings can overheat, leak or discharge, posing fire and burn hazards.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com