Recalls include Porsche, hot dogs, spinach, bikes, more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- LeadCare Testing Systems (with Blood Obtained from a Vein) by Magellan Diagnostics: FDA Safety Communication – Risk of Inaccurate Results.
- Porsche Cars North America (Porsche) is recalling 51,497 model year 2015-2017 Macan S and Macan Turbo vehicles, and model year 2017 Macan, Macan Turbo with the Performance Package, and Macan GTS vehicles. The vehicle’s fuel pump flange may crack, allowing fuel to leak.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River recalls model year 2017 XLR ToyHauler trailers – The federal placard incorrectly states that the rear tire pressure should be 50psi, when the tires should actually be inflated to 80psi.
- Model year 2018 Sport Trek and Durango travel trailers recalled – The recalled travel trailers may not have had the proper sealing tape installed on the propane gas line. Additionally, the gas line may not have been tested during production.
- Jayco Inc. is recalling 13,049 model year 2017 Jay Flight Bungalow, Hummingbird, White Hawk, Jay Flight SLX, Jay Feather 7, Jay Feather and Jay Flight fifth wheel recreational trailers. The LED ceiling lights may produce excessive heat, which may increase the risk of a fire.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
More than 100 tons of Nathan’s brand and Curtis brand beef hotdogs are being recalled by John Morrell & Co. because of complaints of contamination with extraneous bits of metal.
- Trident Seafoods recalls frozen Multi-Grain Alaskan Cod – The product may contain small pieces of plastic that could pose a choking hazard or other physical injury to the mouth.
- Henning’s Cheese voluntarily recalls Colby Jack cheese.
- Correctional Industries Airway Heights Food Operations Recalls Frozen Meat and Poultry Products Due to Water Contamination.
- Feds expand E. coli warning about Dutch veal imported to U.S.
The Osso Good Co. Recalls Beef and Pork Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection.
The Horton Fruit Company, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Fresh Spinach Because of Possible Health Risk.
La Nica Products, Inc. Recalls Cheese Because of Possible Health Risk.
Green Chile Concepts, Llc Voluntarily Recalls Select Product Codes and Production Dates Of Green Chile Food Company Brand Burrito Products.
Italian Gluten Free Food Cl Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg In “Chef Luca’s Lasagna Al Forno – Baked Cheese Lasagna”
Wang GlobalNet Issues Allergy Alert Undeclared Eggs, Wheat in “Fish Cake, Fish Ball, and Fish Tofu”
Brightfarms Announces Voluntary Regional Recall of Produce Due to Potential Presence of Metal Pieces from Construction.
Global Garlic Inc. recalled “Queso Fresco/ Whole Milk Cheese” from Nicaragua but did not report how the possible bacterial contamination was discovered.
- Dynamic Technical Formulations, LLC. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Tri-Ton Due to the Presence of Andarine and Ostarine.
Infant & Children Products
- Douglas Recalls Plush Toys Due to Choking Hazard – The plastic eyes on the plush toys can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- The Honest Company Recalls Baby Wipes Over Possible Mold Contamination.
- VanMoof Recalls Bicycles Due to Fall and Impact Hazards — The front fender bolts do not break when an object gets stuck between the front tire and the front fender/mud guard, posing fall and impact hazards.
- Cabrinha Recalls Kiteboard Control Systems Due to Injury and Fall Hazards – The point of connection between the lower front line with the landing line can break, causing a loss of kite control, posing injury and fall hazards.
- Pulse Performance Products Recalls Krusher Scooters Due to Fall Hazard – The down tube can break, posing a fall hazard to the rider.
- Bradshaw International Recalls Coffee Presses Due to Laceration Hazard – The glass beakers can break during normal use, posing a laceration hazard to users.
- Pier 1 Imports Recalls Chalk Note Mugs Due to Burn Hazard – The mugs can crack when filled with hot liquid, posing a burn hazard to users.
- Michaels Recalls Ceramic Travel Mugs Due to Burn Hazard – The mug’s lid does not fit securely and can cause liquids to leak from the bottom of the lid when tilted, posing a burn hazard. Also, the mug does not have a silicone hand wrap so the consumer could burn their hand on the side walls of the mug.
- Electric Ranges Recalled by Arçelik A.S. Due to Shock and Electrocution Hazards – The electric ranges can become energized, posing electric shock and electrocution hazards to a consumer who touches the range.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com