Recalls include Ram trucks, helmets, strollers and grills
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 22 recalls to be aware of this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- OriGen Biomedical Issues Nationwide Recall of OriGen VV28F Reinforced Dual Lumen ECMO Catheters.
- Endovascular Graft Systems: Recent information from several sources, including FDA’s Medical Device Reporting (MDR) system and Annual Clinical Updates to Physicians by the manufacturers, suggests an increase in the occurrence of Type III endoleaks.
- Bridge Occlusion Balloon Catheter Model 590-001 by Spectranetics: Class I Recall – Risk of Blocked Guidewire Lumen Preventing Balloon Utilization.
- NHTSA recently acknowledged a recall for nearly 444,000 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500 and 5500 trucks built between 2013 and 2017 with Cummins 6.7-liter diesel engines. The issue is that the water pump might do the exact opposite of keeping the engine cool.
- BMW recalls accessory turn signals manufactured for various motorcycles. The signals may be insufficiently visible to other drivers.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Thor Motor Coach recalls various motorhomes with windshield wiper issue. The windshield wipers may fail due to incorrect installation.
- Forest River recalls model year 2018 Prime Time Tracer recreational trailers. The federal placard may not list the correct tire pressure information.
- Forest River recalls Prime Time Wildcat fifth-wheel recreational trailers. Carbon monoxide may enter the vehicle.
- Model year 2017-2018 Sport Trek, Spree and Connect recreational trailers recalled. The trailers may lack a 2 amp fuse in the circuit for awning lights.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- First Source recalls Tasty Treats Nonpareils Milk Chocolate. The product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Belmont Sausage Co. Recalls Smoked Turkey Drumstick Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Greencore USA, LLC Recalls Egg Salad Sandwiches, Ham Salad Sandwiches, and Seafood Stuffing Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Hong Lee Trading Inc. Issues Allergen Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in Vina Café Wake-Up Instant Coffee.
- King Soopers Recalls Deli Chicken Salad Sandwich (6.8oz) Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Silver Spring Foods, Inc. Voluntarily Recalling Waterfront Bistro Tartar Sauce Due To Possible Mislabeling and Undeclared Allergen.
- Chun Yuen Trading Co. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Milk.
Infant & Children Products
- Delta Recalls Strollers Due to Fall Hazard. The stroller leg bracket can break, posing a fall hazard to infants in the stroller.
- Skip Hop Recalls Nightlight Soothers Due to Shock Hazard. The soother’s USB wall power adapter can break, posing an electrical shock hazard.
- Pro-Tec Recalls Multisport Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury. The buckle on the helmet fails to meet current federal safety standards, posing a risk of head injury.
- J-Tech recalls various motorcycle helmets. The helmet may not stay secured to the rider’s head.
- DICK’S Sporting Goods Recalls Resistance Tubes Due to Injury Hazard. The resistance tubes can break while in use and strike the user, posing an injury hazard.
- Saber Grills Recalls Grills and LP Regulators Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The grills’ LP regulator can allow gas to flow at a higher pressure than intended, which can result in a gas leak and flame burst from the burner knobs, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com