Recalls include Tesla, brownies, burritos, chips, more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
There are 24 recalls to be aware of this week.
- Subaru of America is recalling 33,131 model year 2017 Imprezas. Winter fuels may vaporize prematurely in the fuel line, resulting in a reduction in fuel pressure, possibly causing the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Tesla is recalling 31,473 model year 2016 Model S and Model X vehicles. The electric parking brake calipers have an internal gear that may be improperly manufactured, possibly resulting in the gear fracturing during parking brake application or release.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River is recalling 54 model year 2016-2017 XLR Toyhauler RVs. The fasteners for the side patio deck bar lock may not be strong enough, allowing the patio door to unlatch and the deck to drop unexpectedly.
- Gulf Stream Coach is recalling 251 model year 2011-2017 Amerilite trailers, model 14RBC. The vehicles’ federal placard may have incorrect Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) information.
- Newmar Corporation is recalling 26 model year 2017 King Aire motorhomes. The seals on the headlight harness connectors may not be properly seated, allowing water to enter the connector. As a result, the glass dash display may switch to the turn signal camera mode causing the dash to show the turn signal side camera view over the speedometer and RPM displays.
- Tiffin Motorhomes is recalling 154 model year 2017 Allegro Breeze motorhomes. The ball joints on the independent front suspension modules can loosen and separate, leading to a partial loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 90 model year 2017 Palazzo 36.1 and 36.3 motorhomes. The federal certification label on these vehicles indicates an incorrect front tire rim size.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- McCain Foods USA, Inc. announced today it is voluntarily recalling retail, frozen hash brown products that may be contaminated with extraneous golf ball materials.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is alerting consumers nationwide that the brownie mix dessert included in breaded chicken nugget meals produced by Conagra Brands Inc., in Marshall, MO, may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Campbell Soup Company Recalls Chicken Soup Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Frito-Lay Recalls Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked Potato Chips and Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Due to Potential Presence of Salmonella.
- Request Foods of Holland, Mich., is recalling approximately 30,537 pounds of burrito products. The products, mislabeled as a chicken with cheese and bean burrito, contain egg and soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- High Liner Foods is recalling High Liner Captain’s Crew brand breaded fish strips and High Liner Captain’s Crew brand breaded fish nuggets. – The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- E. coli outbreak strain in several flour brands from Ardent Mills.
- Hummingbird Wholesale Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Hazelnut in Organic Cocoa-dusted Chocolate Ginger.
- TP Food Processing of Westminster, Calif., is recalling Lemongrass Satay and Shrimp Satay. The products may be contaminated with Clostridum botulinum.
- La Granja INC. Recalls Mango Flavored Ice cream Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Organic Herbal Supply Issue Voluntary Nationwide Recall Of All Lots of Various Supplements for Male and Female Sexual Enhancement Due To Undeclared Tadalafil and Flibanserin.
- H-E-B Voluntarily Issues a Precautionary Recall H-E-B and Hill Country Fare sandwich bread with a best buy date of April 29th or earlier being recalled for potential rubber in the product.
Infant & Children Products
- Hospira Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall For One Lot Of 25% Dextrose Injection, USP (Infant) Due To The Presence of Particulate Matter.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- C.O. Truxton, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Phenobarbital 15 mg Tablets, USP due to Labeling Error on Declared Strength.
- Razor Recalls RipStik Motorized Caster Boards Due to Fall Hazard – The rear wheel can stop rotating and lock up while in use, posing a fall hazard.
- Cost Plus World Market Recalls Windsor-Style Dining Chairs Due to Fall Hazard – The legs on the chairs can break, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
- Food Dehydrators Recalled by Greenfield World Trade Due to Fire and Burn Hazards – The food dehydrator can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com