Recalls on fish, chicken, nuts and ice cream
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 35 recalls to be aware of this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Teleflex’s (TFX) Vascular Solutions, Inc. Issues Recall of Venture® Catheters.
- System CS100, CS100i and CS300 Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps by Datascope: Field Correction – Potential Electrical Test Failure Code.
- Phillips Company recalls topical antibiotic products. The safety, identity, strength, quality and purity of the products are in question.
- Fagron Sterile Services Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Succinylcholine Chloride Due to Potential For Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Advanced Pharma, Inc. d/b/a Avella of Houston Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Specific Lots of Potassium Phosphate and Succinylcholine Repacked and/or Compounded at its Houston Location as a Result of Hospira, Inc’s June 15, 2017 Recall of Such Products Due to a Potential Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Chevrolet SS vehicles. Corrosion of the connector between the electric power steering module and the torque sensor connector may cause a loss of electric power steering assist.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Newmar recalls model year 2012-2015 King Aire and Essex motorhomes. The starter motor may overheat or draw excessive current.
- Gulf Stream recalls Vista Cruiser and Vintage Cruiser travel trailers. The tire identification label contains incorrect information.
- Kawasaki Recalls Utility Vehicles, Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles and All-Terrain Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard (Recall Alert)
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Channel Fish Processing Co., of Boston, Mass., is recalling approximately 840 pounds of breaded Swai fillets. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Slade Gorton recalls various Tilapia products. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Willis Ocean of Brooklyn, NY, is recalling its “the duck” brand frozen steamed scomber fish which was found to be uneviscerated. Uneviscerated fish have been linked to outbreaks of botulism poisoning.
- Giant Eagle recalls tilapia and chicken breasts. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Golden Platter Foods recalls various ready-to-eat turkey, chicken, veal and beef products. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- OFD Foods recalls beef hash. The product may be contaminated with pieces of rubber.
- Joseph Seviroli recalls beef ravioli. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Sam’s Choice brand beef ravioli distributed to Walmart stores nationwide is under recall because it may contain milk, which is a known allergen and is not declared on the product’s label as required by federal law.
- Gourmet Boutique recalls ready-to-eat breaded chicken cutlets. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Packer Avenue Foods recalls ready-to-eat chicken salad. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Overhill Farms, Inc. Recalls Chicken Products Due To Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Maxi Canada, Inc. Recalls Breaded Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Embutidos Fanguito, Inc. Recalls Pork Products Due To Mislabeling, Misbranding, and Undeclared Allergens.
- United Natural Trading LLC in Edison, NJ, recalling food because it contains ingredients from Hudson Valley Farms Inc., which found Listeria monocytogenes in its facility.
- Hampton Farms has expanded its recall of Ava’s brand cashews and almonds, because its nut supplier Hudson Valley Foods Inc. found Listeria monocytogenes in its processing plant in Highland, NY.
- Chic-A-Peas snacks recalled in U.S., internationally for Listeria.
- House of Thaller Recalls Selected Pine Nut Hummus Products Because of Possible Health Risk.
- H-E-B Issues Recall for Undeclared Allergen. H-E-B Creamy Creations Cherry Vanilla Light Churn Style Ice Cream Being Recalled From Five Stores for Undeclared Allergen.
- Batch of Fat Cat Purry-Purry Sauce Hot Sauce Recalled Due to Undeclared Allergens in Per-Peri Pepper Ingredient.
- Rikki USA, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Masa’s Gourmet Sweet and Sour Sauce, Masa’s Gourmet Curry Coconut Sauce and Masa’s Gourmet Pulled Pork BBQ Sauce.
- Kabir’s Bakery issues allergy alert on undeclared milk in “Kabir’s Bakery Cinnamon Twist” and “Kabir’s Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Danish” in four ounce plastic packages, all container codes.
- JFC International Inc. Issues Missing English Label and Allergy Alert on Undeclared Wheat, Soybean, and Fish (Bonito) in Futaba Sesame Hijiki Rice Seasoning.
Infant & Children Products
- Little Giraffe recalls children’s robes. The robes do not meet the federal flammability standards.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- ADM Animal Nutrition Recalls Rough-N-Ready Cattle Feed a specific lot of product contains elevated levels of monensin, could harm cattle.
- iFashioning recalls women’s scarves. The scarves fail to meet federal flammability standard for clothing.
- Staples Recalls Hazen Mesh Office Chairs. The legs on the base of the chair can break, posing a fall hazard.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com