Recalls: Soap and sausage, pacemakers and Passats
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 21 recalls to be aware of this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Implantable Cardiac Pacemakers by Abbott (formerly St. Jude Medical): Safety Communication – Firmware Update to Address Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities.
- Unexpired Lots of Oxytocin Compounded with Either Lactated Ringers or Lactated Ringers and Dextrose by PharMEDium – Recall – Sub-Potency.
- Mid Valley Pharmaceutical LLC Issues Voluntary Recall of Doctor Manzanilla Cough & Cold and Doctor Manzanilla Allergy & Decongestant Relief Syrup Due to Potential Contamination with Burkholderia Cepacia.
- Hospira Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall for One Lot of Vancomycin Hydrochloride for Injection, USP, 750 mg/vial Due to The Presence of Particulate Matter within a Single Vial.
- Hospira Issues Voluntary Worldwide Recall For Lots of Hydromorphone HCl Injection, USP, CII, (2 mg/mL) 1mg/mL Vial, and Levophed® (Norepinephrine Bitartrate Injection, USP), 4 mg/4 mL (1 mg/mL) Vial, Due to a Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab) in Patients with Multiple Myeloma: FDA Statement – Two Clinical Trials on Hold.
- Alcohol Pads or Benzalkonium Chloride Antiseptic Towelettes by Foshan Flying Medical Products: FDA Alert – Lack of Sterility Assurance and Other Quality Issues.
- Volkswagen is recalling almost 281,000 CC and Passat sedans and wagons in the U.S. because the fuel pumps can fail and cause the cars to suddenly stall.
- BMW recalls R NINE T motorcycles. The right-side swingarm pivot pin may loosen, increasing a crash risk.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River Dynamax, Forester, Sunseeker and Coachmen Prism vehicles recalled. The tire labels on the B-pillar list a tire pressure that is too low.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Wakefern Food Corp. Voluntarily Recalls ShopRite Semi-Sweet Real Chocolate Chips.
- Rajbhog Distributors GA Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almonds in JALEBI.
- Demakes Enterprises, Inc. Recalls Chicken Sausage Product Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Southeastern Grocers recalls SEG freshcut produce for Listeria. Multiple products recalled from BI-LO, Harveys, Winn-Dixie and Fresco y Más grocery stores.
- Dedinas Franzak Enterprises Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in “Butter Flavored Popcorn”.
- President’s Choice Blue Menu Trail Mix recalled. The product contains wheat and soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- Shore Lunch brand fish breading and batter mix is under nationwide recall because of possible Salmonella contamination.
Infant & Children Products
- Fabri-Tech Recalls Infant Rompers Due to Choking Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Cracker Barrel Old Country Stores. The buttons on the shoulder straps can detach, posing a choking hazard to children.
- Hallmark Recalls Plush Baby Stacking Toys Due to Choking Hazard. The toys have fabric hats and bows that can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- Dr. Brown’s Natural Bottle & Dish Soaps Recalled by Handi-Craft Company Due to Risk of Bacteria Exposure. The bottle and dish soap can contain harmful bacteria. Exposure to bacteria poses a risk of respiratory and other infections in immunocompromised individuals.
- Lucky Mart Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall Of Piyanping Anti-Itch Lotion Due to Incorrect Active Ingredient.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com