Tech Preview: Smart bulb helps you sleep and wake refreshed
The Up Light Smart LED Bulb improves your sleep with the right kind of light at the perfect time
Are you having trouble falling asleep? Do you wake up in the morning feeling more tired than when you went to bed?
Studies have shown that people have trouble sleeping and waking because their sleep cycle is out of sync. The Up Light Smart LED Bulb has been designed to help reset your body's sleep cycle allowing you to go to sleep and wake up naturally.
The Up Light Smart LED Bulb can be installed into any light fixture and is controlled by an app from your mobile device. You connect to to the bible via Bluetooth so you don't need any networks set up in your home. Just set up your wake and sleep times for that perfect night sleep. The Up Light Smart LED Bulb will gently wake you up by stimulating a sunrise. Adjust the color temperature for more ambient lighting during the day and in the evenings you can put it into rest mode so it's more conducive to sleep. The Up Light Smart LED Bulb can also be use as a night light that will gradually turn itself off after a period of time.
- Wake up to light and/or a gently increasing sound of your choice using your current lamp.
- Rest mode reduces the harmful blue and green wavelengths in the evenings so your lighting is more conducive to sleep.
- Sleep mode allows you to save energy while using your light as a night-light. It gradually shuts off after a set period of time. You can add sound such as a lullaby or white noise.
- Timer lets you set a time for it to automatically turn on and shut off.
- Energize mode: Need to energize? Great for supplemental light therapy, this mode provides the maximum white light stimulation.
- Fun: with 16 million colors you can set the lighting to match your mood. Also great for the kids when they're roleplaying!
- Durable aluminum casing so you can take it with you when traveling.
Visit The Up Light Smart LED Bulb on Kickstarter for more information.
How does it work?
We have photosensitive Retinal Ganglion Cells that detect certain wavelengths of light and use it to set our circadian rhythm. So when your body senses the Up Light in the morning, it not only starts waking you up, it also starts counting time so that in 16 hours your body will start producing melatonin, then 7‐8 hours after that, it will start producing cortisol to wake you up. Your body naturally wakes up when your melatonin levels are low and your cortisol levels are high – so the timing of when those hormones are released significantly impacts how you feel when you wake up.
About The Up Light
Steve Chang is an experienced software developer, designer, and product manager. After successfully testing The Up Light with his family and friends as well as consulting numerous sleep specialists the product is now ready to start its first production run. The Up Light empowers men, women, and children by helping make mornings easier.