Upcoming Tech: 3DSimo Mini - The Must Have Tool for Makers
3D printer, soldering tool, burning tool and foam cutter all rolled into one
Creators, inventors and designers need tools to bring their ideas to reality, which means multiple tools will be needed in this process. 3DSimo combines a 3D printing pen, solder pen, foam Cutting tool, burning tool and a battery pack into a compact handy tool that fits in your hand. The materials you can use are endless. Makers can use any standard 1.75 mm filament.
Key Features Include:
- 3D Printing Pen: There are no limitations on materials and thanks to adjustable temperature and speed. You can draw with a variety of materials (1.75mm width strings) including: Laybrick, ABS, PLA, PETG, HIPS, FLEXI, Lay-wood, Thermochrome, and Fluorescent. See the differences below.
- Soldering: You can set the device temperature to up to 490°C depending on the melting point of the metal you choose to use.
- Cutting: Setting the right profile on this extension piece allows you to cut into Polystyrene, Depron, EPP, Foam, Balsa and thin Plexiglas and rubber-like materials.
- Burning: With different extension piece you can choose change settings to guarantee the best burn for both wood and leather.
- Clip-on battery pack: Is able to power 3Dsimo Mini for one hour or charge your phone with its 2000 mAh battery.
For more information on 3DSimo Mini, visit the KickStarter page.