Where is the cheapest gas in East Bay?
Average prices are up 2 cents in the state this week, AAA says
Gas prices in Rhode Island rose by 6 cents this week, averaging $2.32 a gallon across the state, according to AAA Northeast.
The $2.32 price is eight cents below the national average for regular unleaded of $2.40. A year ago at this time, the average price in Rhode Island was 17 cents lower at $2.15.
The range in prices in the latest AAA survey for unleaded regular is 21 cents, from a low of $2.18 to a high of $2.39, the motor club announced. Mid-grade gas averaged $2.57 ($2.46-$2.79); premium averaged $2.80 ($2.68-$2.89); diesel averaged $2.45 ($2.44-$2.63).
The cheapest gas in the East Bay is $2.19 a gallon (cash only), at the Supreme Gas station, 174 State Road, Westport. To get the best deal on gas in your town, check out these gas stations with the lowest prices, according to gasbuddy.com:
- Barrington: Shell, 242 County Road — $2.39
- Bristol: Amouri’s, 1064 Hope St. — $2.37
- East Providence: Exxon, 69 Taunton Ave. — $2.24
- Portsmouth: Patriot Petroleum, 3302 E Main Road; Cumberland Farms, 3166 E Main Road; Cumberland Farms, 1812 E Main Road — $2.43
- Tiverton: Dania Food Mart, 861 Main Road — $2.39
- Warren: Iggy’s Food Mart, 292 Market St. — $2.29
- Westport: Supreme Gas station, 174 State Road — $2.19 (cash only)