Where is the cheapest gas in East Bay?
Average prices are down 2 cents in the state this week, AAA says
Gas prices in Rhode Island fell by 2 cents this week, averaging $2.31 a gallon across the state, according to AAA Northeast.
The $2.31 price is three cents below the national average for regular unleaded of $2.34. A year ago at this time, the average price in Rhode Island was 9 cents lower at $2.22.
The range in prices in the latest AAA survey for unleaded regular is 32 cents, from a low of $2.17 to a high of $2.49, the motor club announced. Mid-grade gas averaged $2.55 ($2.41-$2.79); premium averaged $2.79 ($2.58-$2.92); diesel averaged $2.54 ($2.45-$2.69).
The cheapest gas in the East Bay is $2.19 a gallon (cash only), at the Supreme Gas station, 174 State Road, Westport. To get the best deal on gas in your town, check out these gas stations with the lowest prices, according to gasbuddy.com:
- Barrington: BP, 227 County Road — $2.31
- Bristol: Amouri’s, 1064 Hope St. — $2.37
- East Providence: Royal Fuel, 732 Willet Ave; Express Gas, 1345 Wamponaug Trail — $2.24 (cash only)
- Portsmouth: Mobil, 1568 West Main Road — $2.45
- Tiverton: Speedway, 1308 Stafford Road — $2.29
- Warren: Iggy’s Food Mart, 292 Market St. — $2.23 (cash only)
- Westport: Supreme Gas station, 174 State Road — $2.25 (cash only)